Thursday, November 5, 2009

Poster For Change


In digital media, we're making a poster for change in the nation. The change I have chosen to advocate is environmental awareness. The cityscape resembles a large monster eating the natural environment, completely overcoming it and destroying it. We had to incorporate song lyrics into our posters, so I chose lyrics from the Credence Clearwater Revival song, Bad Moon Rising. I chose "I hear the voice of rage and ruin" because people are the voice of rage and ruin. We are ultimately the reason our environment is deteriorating and creating disastrous consequences for out planet.
We had to use illustrator of which I'm not too familiar with. I pretty much used photo shop for the entire thing except the live trace of the cityscape I drew and the lyrics which I used illustrator for.

4 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    This poster is awesome! I love the way you conveyed the peaceful and pure environment being consumed by industry and pollution!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. das ist mein liebslingkunst der kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the contrast between the two media you used. The open field has many soft colors while the cityscape is a harsh black and white with a lot of sharp angles. You really get the feeling that urbanization is encroaching on the environment.

    ReplyDelete