Saturday, September 12, 2009

Self-Portrait Project

Self-Esteem
Taken 9/11/09

This is one of my pictures for my self-portrait project in my Introduction to Digital Media class at the University of Delaware.
This picture may look like I am just having a bad hair day, but to me it means something more. My hair represents the struggles and challenges that have faced me personally. That although I have been put through a lot, I look through with perseverance and even though bad things happen, it does not change me as a person. I will always be me no matter what happens and I will not let anything change my outlook on life. My morals and my values will stay with me regardless of how things change around me.
I have always been a fan of photography and admire photos that have a deeper meaning than they first appear. This is really my first week ever attempting to take a serious picture but I really hope to improve throughout this year.


4 comments:

  1. Great first post Kelly! I Loved it.

    Best,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the representation of your hair as a filter or shield of morals and values. What most draws me to the picture, however, is your gaze, which, heavy with experience, seem to hold an sort of wisdom, despite the young face that frames them. This is a lovely post. I hope you will continue to blog, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture, Kelly.

    Loved your interpretation of your hair in the picture. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your eyes look awesome in that picture. If your hair is your struggles, your eyes represent your strength and perseverance. They draw you into the photo.

    I love photography, too and look forward to your future pics!

    ReplyDelete